At Access Care our goal is to keep our participants active and healthy. We have a fully staffed nursing department which cares for our participants like they are family. This includes a registered nurse, LPN, and Medical Assistant on staff always. Our nursing staff have backgrounds in cardiology, oncology, primary care, women's health, and general Medical Surgical nursing. With the level of compassion we possess, and our combined experience there is no doubt this is a team like no other. This staff is trained to act quickly in different situations and to always prioritize the safety and health of our participants.
Some of the services this department provides are:
- Communicating with physicians
- Scheduling doctor’s appointments
- Assessing overall health and intervening when necessary
- Calling in prescription refills
- Prescription delivery right to day center
- Administering medications as needed, including insulin and B12 shots
- Monitoring vital signs, and weight
This department is available to always assist participants during day center hours.